Fresh off the wire:
AAO in the news:
- BBC: SmileDirect Club, the $8bn braces firm boosted by selfies
- Forbes: “What Investors Need to Know About SmileDirectClub’s (SDC) IPO”
- KOB Albuquerque: “4 Investigates: State leaders weigh legality of do-it-yourself teeth straightening”
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek: “A Tooth-Straightening Startup Runs Into Resistance”
- TechCrunch: “SmileDirectClub files to go public amid concerns from dental associations”
- Fortune: “Brace Yourself: SmileDirectClub Is the Latest Unicorn to File for an IPO”
The goal of early orthodontic treatment is to intercept developing problems, eliminate the cause, guide the growth of facial and jaw bones, and provide adequate space for permanent teeth.
Whether you’re 8 or 80, it’s the same physiological process that moves teeth through bone. Adults do have denser bone tissue than children, but age does not keep teeth from moving.
Nothing can prevent 100% of tooth movement, but when retainers are worn as prescribed, they are the best tool available to minimize movement.
Manager, Public Relations, email@example.com